بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Short biography of Syeikh Muhammad Ayyub
Syeikh Muhammad Ayyub was born in Makkah al-Mukarramah in 1952. He grew up in Makkah al-Mukarramah and received his early education there.
In 1965, he completed the memorisation of the Qu’ran by Syeikh Khalil Ibn Abdir-Rahman al-Qaari’, who taught in the Masjid Ibn Laden in a qur’an memorisation group.
Later in his pursue for knowledge he traveled to Madinah al-Munawwarah. After attaining his secondary level education, he joined the Islamic University of Madinah al-Munawwarah in the College of Shariah and graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in 1976. He then received a Master’s Degree in Qur’anic exegesis and Qur’an sciences in the College of Qur’an and Islamic Studies. He also received his Doctorate Degree in the same College in 1987.
Among his Masyayikh in Madinah al-Munawwarah are:
- Syeikh ‘Abdul ‘Aziz Muhammad ‘Uthman (Rahimahullaah)
- Syeikh Muhammad Sayyid Tantawi (Rahimahullaah)
- Syeikh Akram Dhiyaa’ Al-‘Umariy (Hafizhohullaah)
- Syeikh Muhammad Al-Amin asy-Syanqeetiy (Rahimahullaah)
- Syeikh ‘Abdul Muhsin al-‘Abbaad (Hafizhohullaah)
- Syeikh ‘Abdullaah Muhammad al-Ghunaimaan (Hafizhohullaah)
- Syeikh Abu Bakr al-Jazairiy (Hafizhohullaah)
The Syeikh has been Imaam in various Masaajid of Madinah al-Munawwarah. A few are listed below:
- Imam of Masjid an-Nabawi (1989 – 1996)
- Imam of Masjid al-Quba for Taraawih & Qiyaam prayer (1986 – Present)
- Imam of Masjid al-‘Inaabiyah (1974 – 1982)
- Imam of Masjid ‘Abdullaah al-Husseini (1982)
Currently, he is a lecturer in the Islamic University of Madinah al-Munawwarah. He is one of my favourite Syeikh! 🙂
On Saturday, 14th April 2012 @ 10:24am, i recorded this when Syeikh Muhammad Ayyub decided to read to us! Masya Allah!
-[ Surah al A’raaf verse 151-155 ]-